Thursday, December 1, 2011

First Blog Post - iPad/YouTube Upload Tip

I've been wanting to blog for a while but didn't really know what to blog about. What do I know this is useful to other people? I've learned so much from other people's blogs I don't know what I can contribute.

I follow a lot of other blogs, most of them are about using technology in education. There is a trend towards using iPads (or similar devices) in more classrooms.  Our school is preparing to go 1:1 with iPads next year.  In preparation for that we currently have about 200 iPads (for ~1700 students) that teachers can check out and use in their classes.

I have noticed that some bloggers are doing similar things. And I've noticed that they are encountering challenges that we have also encountered.  And, sometimes, they have a problem that we have already figured out how to solve.

Aha!

That is what I can share and blog about.  I can share our iPad challenges and experiences.

Maybe teachers from my own school will read this and they can see what cool things we are doing on campus with our iPads, that would be great.

With that said, here's a tip for today:

If you want to upload videos from the iPad to YouTube you need to create a YouTube channel.  Just creating a YouTube account or using a Google Account to sign in to YouTube doesn't work. I don't know why. That's just how it is.  Kudos to my colleague and esteemed AP World teacher, Jeff Owen, for figuring this out.

Here's a quick video showing how to create a YouTube Channel if you already have a YouTube or Google Account

No comments:

Post a Comment