Friday, January 6, 2012

Website for iPad Preparation

Next year we will have iPads. Everyone in the whole world.

Well, I guess not everyone but sometimes it feels like that.  The students will all have iPads.

One of the things I've been working on is a website that can be a one-stop shop for kids each day in my class. I envision them walking in and going straight to a webpage that will have a collection of the resources/activities/information that they will need for that day. This will also be valuable for students who miss class that day.

Here is what I have so far - Baier Government


I think the key is the calendar page. This is where students can get their information for each day. I am trying it out this semester after spending much of my Christmas Break working on it.  However, I have to share the iPads with the rest of the school so my students don't get to use them everyday. I'm hoping that it will still be valuable, even if students are accessing it mostly from home.



I would like to give a special thanks to Reuben Hoffman. I was inspired largely by his class website and stole many of my ideas from there.

Any feedback is appreciated and I will be sure to share what works and what doesn't as the semester progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment